Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Stihl BR 430 spark plug boot & coil

OH

06-22-15, 07:15 AM   #1  
Stihl BR 430 spark plug boot & coil

This past weekend I wanted to change the plug and the air filter on my BR 430 backpack blower, and while pulling the boot off of the plug, I pulled a little hard and parts went flying so I didn't get a good look how it's supposed to go back together. There's a wire, a boot and a coil. I reassembled how I thought it should go, but I don't think it's reassembled correctly(it will start, but I think the plug is losing connectivity with the wire because it sounds like it's skipping occasionally). The manual doesn't show any pictures of how to connect the coil, boot & wire so that the plug has contact with the wire. Does anyone have a picture or diagram of what it should look like going back on?

Thanks,
Paul

Sponsored Links

IA

06-22-15, 08:16 AM   #2  
If the metal plug end is still on the plug wire you should be able to reassemble the wire/plug end/boot. The smaller hole in the boot would fit onto the wire first, which is pretty obvious. Then simply push the wire up into the boot until you can look down into the boot and see the metal plug end.

It helps to use a little dishwashing soap on the the wire to make pushing it into the boot easier.

OH

06-22-15, 09:43 AM   #3  
That helps, thank you. The coil came out of the boot and it sure didn't look like I'd be able to fit it back in there but it went in with a little soap. Fires like new now!

Search this Thread