Craftsman gas Blower-Won't Prime

Old 06-29-15, 06:44 PM
Question Craftsman gas Blower-Won't Prime

When I try to prime the carb using the bulb no gas will be sucked up into the bulb. First I checked the fuel lines into the tank and connections to the carb. Then I took the carb off checked the bulb carefully. It blows but doesn't suck. That is, when pressed bubbles appear at the other end of the tube but when released there is no suction to draw gas. I removed the filter at the end of the tube and checked the tubes for leaks. All were good. I removed the bulb and retaining plate from the carb and using an air gun blew out all the small holes and replaced everything. Still same as when I started. Sure sounds like a check valve but I did not see any check valves as mentioned in a previous reply. I rechecked the bulb for leaks but it is good. The blower runs great after it is primed so no problems there.
Any ideas as what to do other than deep six the POS?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-15, 11:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
A new primer might fix it, but I don't know. Not sure what you have.

Old 07-01-15, 06:26 AM
More info on device

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. What I have is a Craftsman (Sears) gasoline powered bower/vac model 358.794760. It has a primer bulb like most other small gas engines found on lawn mowers etc. As I mentioned the bulb will not draw gas. The bulb is good, and the fuel line is not blocked nor does it have any holes/leaks. The unit runs very well after being primed. My problem is that it will not prime with the bulb primer. Can anyone help me with this?
Thank you.

Old 07-01-15, 09:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ok, that one has the primer mounted to the carb, not separate. I would say you need to clean the carb, particularly the screen and the fuel pump diaphragm and check valve area.