Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy built cutting deck

GA

07-01-15, 12:07 PM   #1  
Troy built cutting deck

I have been given a troy built zero turn that has a bad cutting deck. The top is ripped apart where there is a pulley mounted. I'm trying to find a replacement without spending a fortune. The motor has 580 hrs on it, so i'm not sure how long it will last and can't condone spending alot of money. I've found replacement decks for $599 plus shipping. I figure by the time I buy spindles, pulleys, blades and belt i'm looking at around $750

I figured out that this mower was sold under craftsman and Cub Cadet names and have found decks for $339 through craftsman but I'm not sure if it's the right deck. Without a "craftsman" model number, I'm not sure.

My Troy built model number is 17AF2ACP766.

Is there a way to cross reference? will other sized decks work on it? any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-01-15, 09:12 PM   #2  
Have you taken it by a machine shop/welding shop to see if they can patch it up cheaply enough? I have patched up some pretty bad decks with success.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread