Woods 990 Bush Hog broke spindell

Old 07-04-15, 10:57 AM
Woods 990 Bush Hog broke spindell

I looked for a place to put this just thought here are mowers folks who do mower tractor stuff so here goes..

I have got a Kubota with a cab 4240 tractor... It went to the shop he brought me a tractor not in closed.. I put on my 990 and dang what a nose something not right, I take off the left side and the spindel is come up and rubbing making a grove...
It still runs the mower and cuts ok but can't run its.

Anybody got any ideal on what I got to do... I hate taking off the whole gear box to get to it?
Dave
Tenn

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-15, 11:27 AM
Group Moderator
No ideas other than fix or replace that pulley? And, that looks like a guide pulley in the center area and not a spindle that carries a blade which is good as it should be cheaper to replace.

Isn't the 990 a finish mower and not a bush hog? If so, here's the manual.

And, it you spent your time out in the open like the rest of us (I've got a open L3710) you would have heard the screeching and grinding before it ate through so much metal. I suppose there is a price to pay for air conditioned comfort and a radio blasting.

Old 07-04-15, 11:39 AM
Thank you and yep you got that right on the AC and Radio..
after looking at the pics Im gonna go try to knock it down out of the grove, what made it jump up like that I WONDER?

Old 07-04-15, 02:49 PM
I got to looking at it and it is that back middle pulley that has a bolt in it....
Now I got to figure out the easy way to get that belt off and back on... I looked on you tube for it, there is a easy way to get that belt off and on..

Old 07-04-15, 05:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Today just ain't round thingy day, is it? Garage door motor, now finish mower. Glad it is a finish mower and not a bush hog. You would really be in deep stuff breaking the stump jumper.

Old 07-04-15, 07:11 PM
yep my day has not been a good one.. they brought my 4240 back after fixing it and it had no power.. I put in high to take to fill up and no high gear.. it over heated been gone a week and this.. A guy came out he said it was the injectors not right has a leak or something. The brought this other tractor and it has a canopy top I forgot go under a tree and clip the corner of it.. Im not getting out of bed tomorrow need to get to church do some praying what all this is going to cost me...