Stihl FS 80 starts but won,t stay running

Old 07-14-15, 11:21 AM
Stihl FS 80 starts but won,t stay running

I can start the engine but it stops with in 60 seconds unlessI keep pumping the gas bulb.
When I open the throtle the engine dies
The Stihl distributer says that the carb kit for this model is no longer avalible
Does any one know of where I can get a after market kit for this model the number on the carb is 3D10NB

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-15, 12:50 PM
Find the L jet screw and turn 1/4-1/4 counter clockwise might help

Here are the carbs for your trimmer, no 3D10NB listed, however this is from an older manual, you might find one on ebay or amazon rather than rekitting yours. Have a good one. Geo

Carburetor C1Q-S63A ................................................................ 6
F Carburetor C1Q-S78 BR ............................................................. 7
G Carburetor C1Q-S56 ................................................................... 8
H Carburetor C1Q-S60 BR ............................................................. 9
J Carburetor C1Q-S45 ................................................................. 10
K Carburetor C1Q-S28D, C1Q-S41A ........................................... 11
L Carburetor WT-447 ................................................................... 12
M

Old 07-17-15, 02:07 PM
Thanks Geo

I Will try to find one of these carbs. On eBay

Thank you

Old 07-17-15, 08:13 PM
Zamacarb.com has a lot of info about their carbs, also walbro.com has good info also. Zama is owned by Stihl. Have a good one. Geo