Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Toro 20016 uneven cut from front wheel looseness

LA

07-15-15, 06:27 AM   #1  
Toro 20016 uneven cut from front wheel looseness

I have a 10 year old Toro Recycler 20016. The self propelled has not worked in about 5 years, but I really liked pushing it so I didnt fix it.

The mower has developed an uneven cut or almost a scalping in the front. This is really apparent in thick grass.
It appears that the front wheel assembly will rotate clockwise and counterclockwise which could cause the front to move up and down. I think the causes the front to bounce some in ruts or holes in the yard.

Should I be able to rotate the front wheel assembly like this?

I read another thread here that had a similar problem and it turned out to the be wheel bearings. The problem was similar but not exact.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NC

07-15-15, 08:35 AM   #2  
Is the height adjustment lever remaining locked in place or is it moving back and forth allowing the wheel to go up and down? Examine the wheel area carefully for anything missing or broken that is allowing the wheel to move.

LA

07-15-15, 08:49 AM   #3  
The adjustment lever (9) is staying in place. But the pivot arm (8) is not.

I am not at home. I will look more closely tonight, but both wheels are doing it.

Last edited by mswiggins; 07-15-15 at 09:44 AM.

LA

07-21-15, 05:22 AM   #4  
I replaced the bearing 12 and bearing sleeve 13. The old bearings were completely gone.
The front right wheel adjuster still has a lot of play in it. I can see that pivot arm 8 has been worn over time. I think I will replace it and the adjustment arm 9.

Search this Thread