Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Echo PB500H Backpack Blower

TX

07-17-15, 08:01 PM   #1  
Echo PB500H Backpack Blower

I'm working on this blower,I cannot get it to run off choke.I have clean the carb. 4 times in my ultrasonic cleaner.I have put a new carb. kit,replaced the fuel lines and filter.I have good compression 150#.I have took the muffler off and the spark arrester screen is fine.The exhaust port also is clean.The carb. on this machine is a walbro WLA.It has 2 very small holes where the needle adjustment screws are.Has anybody ever work on one of these carbs.I have worked on many 2 cycle carbs.,this is my first of this kind to work on.If I could find a way to turn these adjustment screws.I think the blower would run.No air leak,that I could tell.I appreciate any input.I priced a new carb. on ebay they sell for $88.00.Sorry for the long post.

Thanks,
Jerry

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-17-15, 09:24 PM   #2  
I agree that you probably have a little restriction at one or both adjustment screws and a little movement of them might get it going again. Push a 14 gauge wire connector over the screws to grip them and turn them.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TX

07-18-15, 04:13 PM   #3  
Thanks,Cheese I will give it a try

Jerry

Search this Thread