Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Echo PB-500H not running

08-07-15, 08:33 AM   #1  
Echo PB-500H not running

I have an Echo PB-500H leaf blower that will not run. I bought it used so I took the carb apart and rebuilt it with all new gaskets and membranes as well as doing a thorough cleaning. I also removed the reed valves and cleaned them. I replaced the fuel line in the tank and cleaned the filter. With the spark plug out, cleaned and gap checked, it does spark when the rope is pulled.

If I put carb cleaner in the cylinder, replace the plug the blower will start and run for a few seconds but will not start at all otherwise.

Any suggestions as to what else to look for? I am assuming it is still something to do with the carb although I cannot see what.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-07-15, 10:27 AM   #2  
Put your thumb over the carb throat and pull to make sure you feel suction there. If so, I'd say you still have a carb related problem.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

08-07-15, 07:26 PM   #3  
I do feel some pulsing when I put my finger over the throat.

I will take the carb off again and go thru it with a fine tooth comb, again.

Any suggestions as to what to look for? Is there something I can soak the parts in to maybe dissolve any varnish that I can't see?

Thanx

08-08-15, 02:31 PM   #4  
I decided to go thru the carb once again. There is a port on the carb that appears to have a screen filter in it and maybe some sort of black plastic disk. See the pic I have attached. You can see at the bottom of the picture there is the screen and the little plastic circle.

Name:  rsz_carb_part1.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  26.3 KB

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-08-15, 05:02 PM   #5  
Yes, it is (was) a check valve. I suggest a new carburetor.

God bless!

08-17-15, 06:25 AM   #6  
I got the blower running with a new carb. The only problem I have now is that when I try to run it up to full speed it shuts off. It runs properly at a little over half throttle.

Any suggestions?

Thanx very much!

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-17-15, 10:23 AM   #7  
Can you get it to full speed by applying partial choke?

God bless!

Search this Thread