Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Echo pb 251 yard blower

CAL

08-30-15, 07:14 PM   #1  
Echo pb 251 yard blower

I'm looking for some direction on why I can't get my blower to run, here are the things i've checked/ rebuilt ....

*Carb-rebuilt,new filter and yes, gas does get to combustion chamber
*Checked and adjusted air gap on spark plug, gets good spark.
*Compression feels good , you can feel resistance for compression when you pull start cord.I pulled combustion chamber and looked for carbon issues and stuck piston ring, it was pretty clean for a 6 year old motor.
*Checked flywheel for correct alignment and for a sheared pin at shaft connection, This is a known issue with this blower.
*Checked coil resistance on both primary/ secondary connections. They measured correct. Checked flywheel to coil air gap too.

So I've been all over this thing and I can barely get it to kick once or twice when trying to start. Mostly nothing..... pull pull pull. Again, I see gas gets to combustion chamber and spark is there. I should mention that the last time I was using this , before my rebuild it quit running and would not restart. I knew the carb was over due for attention.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-31-15, 12:59 AM   #2  
Based on your info so far, I'm thinking it's flooding. If you can see that it's getting gas, then it's probably getting too much.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

09-01-15, 06:50 AM   #3  
Echo

Check the exhaust. I just had one with the exhaust opening plugged with mud
(from bees). Steve

CAL

09-12-15, 09:43 AM   #4  
I'm usually pretty good at fixing things but this thing is really a mystery. Since my last post I've replaced the spark plug and installed a new carb. I had 2 people tell me that the carb can be an issue even after a rebuild. Still not wanting to start. Also I checked the entire exhaust system . The spark arrestor was clean and also the muffler didn't show any signs of being clogged.

If I had ant sense I'd just dump this thing, but it's now become a matter of pride.

IA

09-12-15, 10:23 AM   #5  
Probably flooded. Dump all the gas out of the tank, then full choke no throttle, spin it over five times or so, with the plug in it. Then full throttle, no choke, plug still in it, pull it over about ten times and see if it will fire.

CAL

09-26-15, 08:05 PM   #6  
Finally found the issue!!

After tearing this blower down 3 times I finally found the issue. It was the oil seals on the crank shaft/case. One of them was actually popped out and was causing a lack of bottom end compression. Ordered a new set off fix-it.com and all is well.

Search this Thread