Letters after engine model?

Old 08-31-15, 06:02 AM
Letters after engine model?

Could someone please tell me what the letters QHA and QBC mean after an engines model#? Example: #GC160-QHA Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-15, 06:11 AM
Old 09-03-15, 02:44 AM
Ok, so it's part of the model # but do they stand for anything? The one with the letters QHA costs $50 less than the one with QBC, everything else seems identical, so why the difference in price?

Old 09-03-15, 08:19 AM
Group Moderator
Just do a search online and compare those models. The one thing that jumped out at me was different shaft sizes.

The last engine I got was a GX-630. I think there are 40 different type codes for that one engine so you really had to look carefully at all the specs for an engine before purchasing. It can make the difference between it dropping in place and having to custom make brackets and re-do control linkages.

Old 09-05-15, 07:08 AM
I don't really have a choice of make/model... it's for a homemade log splitter and this is the only one I can find with the exhaust on the right of the shaft (from the front). I'm standing on the other side and don't enjoy CO poisoning. I was just wondering at the difference in price.

Old 09-05-15, 02:29 PM
Group Moderator
Did you check the shaft size?