Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Kubota ZD21 bogging down

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

09-19-15, 04:48 AM   #1  
Kubota ZD21 bogging down

Granted I was cutting rather taller grass than usual, but my ZTR (diesel) kept bogging down yesterday like it was overloading the engine. I had to creep through grass going up an incline, which I never have had to do before. Could it be fuel starvation, as in needing a new filter? Engine does not seem to rev as high as normal sitting with blades disengaged. Fresh blades and cleaned the tower areas and underneath last week. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

09-19-15, 05:22 AM   #2  
I don't know much about diesel engines but if it's been awhile since the fuel filter has been changed that sounds like a good place to start. Have you checked the plugs?

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Group Moderator

NC

09-19-15, 05:23 AM   #3  
When in doubt change your fuel filter. Bogging down, especially when climbing a hill, is usually the first sign on my diesels that the fuel filter needs changing.

GA

09-19-15, 08:27 AM   #4  
Fuel filter will get changed in a few minutes, for sure. Haven't found the plugs, yet, Mark, still looking............

GA

09-19-15, 11:12 AM   #5  
Well, yeah, it does seem it needed a filter change. Runs quite a bit better, too. Thanks for the suggestions. Oh, you have to be really FAST to keep from losing the prime.

Name:  zd21 filter.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  31.8 KB

Search this Thread