Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Is there a good $100.elec 120 vt pressure washer

NY

12-01-15, 03:46 PM   #1  
Is there a good $100.elec 120 vt pressure washer

I've been looking for an electric pressure washer to use in my garage.
Something around 1600 psi, 120 volt etc.
Any good recommendations?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-01-15, 09:26 PM   #2  
I don't know about electric ones. I'd guess in that price range, the answer is no.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

FL

12-02-15, 03:26 AM   #3  
Hello NeverEnoughTime,

I tried to repair a couple years back, cost to repair exceeded the value of the machine. I no longer entertain the thought of repairing, I'd recommend a larger gas model.....

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

12-02-15, 03:57 AM   #4  
A $100 pressure washer sounds like a disposable unit to me ..... and not sure it would develop that much pressure Personally I wouldn't own an electric PWer.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

NY

12-02-15, 10:01 AM   #5  
I have a gas model already. I want to add one in my garage to wash the salt off the vehicles
during the winter months. I use a garden hose now.
There are what looks like a few good brands available at the $100.-150.range now. A couple years ago there were only a few like the Karcher brand which doesn't get good reviews because the unit is cheaply made.
Just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with something they bought from Lowes, etc...

VA

12-02-15, 01:31 PM   #6  
Got one I'll see cheap, my girl friend bought years ago before I met her (like she was ever going to use it ) hose is so stiff I have to roll the whole thing out straight to use it, no where close enough pressure to do anything but get leaves off the side walk.
My gas powered washer 2500 PSI will clean the car, get mold off the vinyl siding, make the concrete sidewalks look like new.

FL

12-02-15, 02:38 PM   #7  
NeverEnoughTime; Just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with something they bought from Lowes, etc...

Lowes is just a warehouse store just like others, they don't build the products they sell. Their built by other companies then branded (decals) for the stores.

I bought a new Whirlpool refrigerator from Lowes on line, the driver drove 1 1/4 hrs one way to deliver it. They removed the old one and installed the new one ice maker and all then hauled the old one off, all for FREE !

So, my experience with Lowes was a positive one.....

Group Moderator

FL

12-03-15, 05:04 AM   #8  
I have a Stanley electric (model #P2000S-BB) I bought earlier this year to replace my aging and cantankerous gas one. Couldn't be happier with it. It's at the high end of your price range; got mine on sale and with vet's discount (Lowe's).

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

Search this Thread