Walbro WT 299A carburetor

Old 12-22-15, 05:53 AM
Walbro WT 299A carburetor

Hi All, can't determine which fuel line goes where on this carb,it has a remote primer bulb, I have determined which is the suction side of it, so I connect it to one side of the carb, and the filter line to the other side of the carb and the primer bulb should suck fuel through the carb but it doesn't switch lines and still nothing,what am I missing?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-15, 06:30 AM
Here's a routing diagram from Fixya. Not sure what the light is, though?????

Attached Images   

Last edited by marbobj; 12-22-15 at 06:49 AM.
Old 12-22-15, 12:59 PM
OK ,so now I any able to prime it but it floods out and won't start,I took it all apart and it looks quite clean inside,I adjusted the lever arm inside as it seemed low according to what I had seen on Utube,I wonder if that could be causing the flooding problem?

Old 12-22-15, 01:26 PM
Look down the carb throat when you run the primer and see if there is any fuel spitting up into it. If there is you have a leaky diaphragm or metering valve.

On those metering arms, it's better to just use the old one unless it's been trashed.

Old 12-22-15, 06:00 PM
Most metering arms are level with the body of the carb, some are just below the body ~~

Old 12-23-15, 05:02 AM
Right it was a little below the body and I raised it up so it was flush,I'll try to set it back and see what happens,If it ain't broke don't fit it!