Pickup truck full of 2 cycle equipment ~!~!

Old 12-30-15, 05:36 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pickup truck full of 2 cycle equipment ~!~!

A friend of mine went to a local True Value hardware store today to buy a few screws for a Cypress swing he is building for a customer. The owner was walking in and asked him if he wanted some scrap iron. They loaded 6 weed eaters, 4 Concrete saws, 2 leafblowers and 4 chainsaws.

Most are from their rental service. 2 weed eaters were for customers that didn't want to pay the price of a new string head. 1 is a Remington weed eater. ! is a TroyBuilt. Everything else is Husky's ~!~!

Unloaded at my house and my buddy wants 1 weed eater and 1 chainsaw. I get the rest.

What a pal ~!~!

Old 12-30-15, 05:44 PM
Received 716 Upvotes on 637 Posts
Is that good or bad? Lots of work to rebuild or salvage parts. But fun if you're into that sort of thing.

Old 12-30-15, 06:25 PM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It's good and yes I do small engine repair. Got plenty parts now for a top brand name ~!~!

Old 12-30-15, 07:37 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,885 Upvotes on 3,482 Posts
One mans junk is another mans treasure.

Old 12-31-15, 06:41 AM
C
Received 25 Upvotes on 22 Posts
Dang. I'm always amazed by what people are willing to give away, but I think you've just set the bar all that much higher.

Did your friend remember to bring home those screws!?

Old 12-31-15, 12:18 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 138 Upvotes on 127 Posts
Sweet! You never know what people are going to give away. A few years ago I got a call to go pick up a mower. I got there and the guy says he bought it 2 years ago to clear the back part of his property and now he's done and he doesn't want it anymore, he will use his ZTR instead. It was a 48" Husquvarna with a twin cylinder engine and only 90 or so hours on it. Another customer gave me 2 gas powered compressors with hondas on them, one compressor was an emglo. Another customer gave me a 10hp generator, a large belt driven compressor in nearly new condition, and some smaller stuff. I probably had 8 or 10 riding mowers given to me this year. I guess they don't want to be bothered with trying to get some cash for the stuff and would like to just have it gone, I don't know.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: