Snow Blade Scraper

Old 01-23-16, 07:39 AM
W
Received 42 Upvotes on 38 Posts
Snow Blade Scraper

I have a Simplicity Tractor with a 4' Dozer/Snow Blade accessory. I had to weld a pair of skis (one on each side) of the blade to glide over the raised edges of the driveway where it meets the road without raising the blade every time.
It works but it leaves a just enough snow on the drive to irritate me. I need an idea for mounting a rubber extension to the blade between the skis strong enough to move the snow but flexible enough to go over the ridges mentioned above. Any Ideas on what to use?

Old 01-23-16, 07:43 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to raise/lower the lift as needed than use the skis? I don't see a flexible blade extension being very effective.

Old 01-23-16, 08:17 AM
A
Received 73 Upvotes on 66 Posts
I'd either remove or raise the shoes a bit, and have doubts about the effectiveness of the scraper you're thinking of, but, if I were going to try it, I'd probably take a look at belting, which you can buy in rolls at places like Tractor Supply. Or maybe slice a truck mudflap. By the time you drill all of the holes though, you could raise your shoes or mount them on pipes so that you could adjust them.

Old 01-23-16, 08:18 AM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Blade Addition

Any Ideas on what to use?
I would try sections from a rubber truck bed mat. The kind that has fibers embedded in the rubber. You may have to replace them each snow season. A template you could keep for future reference might come in handy. Good luck with your project.

Old 01-23-16, 08:31 AM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
I think the rubber idea is a good one. Another one to look at the heavy rubber floor mats that is used in barns. They can be found at Tractor supply.

Old 01-23-16, 03:55 PM
W
Received 42 Upvotes on 38 Posts
Snow Blade Scraper

I will check the Local Tractor supply store. I know you think I'm lazy But I do the snow for two divorcees and two widows, and I like to move fast to get them done (their driveways) before I freeze to death. I miss one raised section of drive and it breaks my plow and knocks my dentures out. The skiis stopped that but I created this other problem.

Thanks for the Ideas!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: