New Holland ls185b no start issuse

Old 02-21-16, 03:19 AM
New Holland ls185b no start issuse

Good morning . All readers I operate a New Holland 185b on a daily basis. The other day I turned the machine off to refuel as I know I was getting low. I refueldd with dismal and went to crank her up. She didn't fire. I then checked the prime . Than proceeded to bleed the fuel to the injectors . I succesfuly bleeder the fuel to the rails. Still no start . So I hooked up a battery starter . Charger and waited a few hours . Still no start. A bobcat mech came over and we tried to either start her she fired but would not keep running

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-16, 04:33 AM
Group Moderator
So, you had a mechanic look at it. What did they find?

It sounds like the starter is working so that has me thinking it's fuel related. I don't know that machine specifically but a lot of my machines do not need to be bled if they are run dry. Trying to bleed them can actually introduce some air if bleeding is not done properly. With those machines you just keep turning the engine over until it starts but be mindful to not overheat the starter.

If it's still not starting I'd look at the shutoff solenoid. If it's energized or stuck in the shutoff position it will stop fuel to the engine. Then, when in doubt install new fuel filters and it wouldn't hurt to check the air filters.

Old 02-21-16, 07:20 AM
Group Moderator
You say no start but that is not very descriptive. Does it crank and crank but will not fire? Are the glow plugs working?
It was running just fine, shut it down and fueled it up and now it won't start. Perhaps there is a safety switch that is not making.

Old 02-21-16, 10:00 AM
When you shut it down you said you had low fuel. Was it starting to sputter?

It sounds like you have air in the lines. Did you get fuel out of the lines at the injectors or at the pump? If you get fuel at the injectors while cranking the engine you have everything working except for air in the lines.

Old 02-21-16, 10:06 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
There's only a few things that will keep a diesel from running. Glow plugs (grid plates) not working, no fuel at injectors, air embolism, locked up fuel shut off switch.

Old 02-27-16, 12:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Is the fuel shutoff solenoid pulling in when you try to start it?