Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Can i use warm water in my power washer?

MI

03-12-16, 03:38 PM   #1  
Can i use warm water in my power washer?

I saw an ad on a bulletin board downtown, This average sized company that power washes everything..says they can do this. The directions in the 3000psi power washer i bought from Sears! says; Don't use hot water in this machine.:NO NO NO: Mines good for cold water. Has anybody here ever questioned this idea/ bob s and thank you

Sponsored Links

VA

03-12-16, 03:43 PM   #2  
If the manufactuer says no then I would not do it, if it takes out the pump it will cost almost as much to replace it as a new pressure washer.
Why do you think you need to use hot water?

Forum Topic Moderator

OH

03-12-16, 03:46 PM   #3  
You can buy pressure washers designed for hot water, but they are a lot more expensive than typical consumer models, which have pumps that depend on cold water to keep them cool enough to avoid destroying the seals in the pump.

Paul

Inside every small project is a big project waiting to slug you over the head and take all your money and time....

MI

03-12-16, 03:57 PM   #4  
thanks for the info guys.Hot water cleans much better than cold its a fact of life. I will just have to get a longer handled scrub brush ...and some better soap! bob s thanks

Search this Thread