Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2005 Kohler pro 25 hp generator problems

03-25-16, 10:26 AM   #1  
2005 Kohler pro 25 hp generator problems

Removed the Nikki carb because it was leaking fuel. Put back together and ran what I thought was normal. The owner can to pick up and said the idle was to high and that the throttle wasn't working right although I never did anything with the throttle. So I started playing with the throttle cable to make the throttle lever work right and it al went south from there. In the process the governor cable fell off. Not sure what hole it was in to start with. Now it won't idle and seems to be loading up when it try's to idle. Help me please

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NJ

03-25-16, 12:32 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forums.

I moved you to your own thread so that there is only one running for you.

It sounds like the carb has a float in it that is stuck. I'd check that first.

The pros will be by to help you out.

~ Pete ~

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

03-25-16, 03:47 PM   #3  
This could be a soup sandwich, but with some numbers and possibly pics, might be able to get you some direction.
First, we need the engine number and spec. If it is a "Command" Pro the number might be like CH640 followed by a -and four digits.
The model # of the generator might also be helpful.

you say the governor "Cable came off? If it is a cable and not a linkage, then that should run to your throttle control and not too big of a deal.

Just needs a bigger hammer
Peace

TX

03-27-16, 09:02 PM   #4  
Yes, please share model # of engine, should be on a sticker on the side. I have a Command Pro 25 & may be able to send you some pictures of how the linkage connects....

TexasFire

Search this Thread