Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Gas Leak at auto primer on pressure washer

FL

05-24-16, 08:18 AM   #1  
Gas Leak at auto primer on pressure washer

I have a Craftsman pressure washer, model 580.752830 with Briggs and Stratton Professional Engine. I took it into a shop to have a season tune up and when i got it back and put gas in the tank, i noticed gas was leaking from the auto primer with a constant drip. The shop that fixed it is being a butthole about it and for the past 3 days they say some1 will come fix it but nobody comes and don't believe em anymore. Time to learn something new now!!!! i called around and seems like i am getting same advice that it has to do with carburator, needle, and valve. I am hoping some1 could direct me to a video or be very specific with my model pressure washer showing how and what to look for and repair this. *fingers crissed"

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-24-16, 10:29 AM   #2  
The neeedle is not seating correctly in the carb. Just drop the bowl off the carburetor and see what's going on. It might just be stuck from sitting.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

VA

05-24-16, 05:00 PM   #3  
First mistake, taking it in for a "tune up".
If your lucky there going to change the plug, air filter and the oil.
A simple job that you could have done yourself for about 1/3 the cost.
Special steps need to be taken for gas powered tools that only get used a couple times a year.
Only use non ethanol fuel.
Let them run out of fuel before storing.
Highly unlikely they rebuilt the carb, as part of a "tune up" even though about 90% of small engine issues are fuel related.
Ethanol fuel soaks up moisture from the air, makes fuel lines brittle, forms a gummy materail that clogs up everything.

Search this Thread