Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Echo SRM-210 trimmer won't stay running/move to the "run" position

CAL

06-05-16, 07:22 PM   #1  
Echo SRM-210 trimmer won't stay running/move to the "run" position

I put a new carb on it cause I bought it for next to nothing cause it wouldn't start. new carb worked great. I don't use the trimmer that often.

Lately it has been acting up. It will want to stall and or loose power when I pull the throttle near full.

Today it worked fine for a bit but after I shut it off and then tried to start it, it wouldn't stay running. I'd have the choke in the "cold start" position and start it and it would run but would die when I moved the choke towards the "run" position. Even a minute amount of movement from the full choke position and the trimmer dies.

I had seen other threads regarding this trimmer and people suggested cleaning the spark arrestor screen in the muffler. I did that with no improvement.

An observation - the prime bulb doesn't release easily. When I push it in, it draws gas but it slowly pushes out.

I also replaced the fuel kit with a new Echo one: all new lines, etc.

I took the fuel lines off today and tried the primer bulb and it worked without any resistance, but when I hooked the fuel lines up again, it drew fuel into the prime bulb slowly.

Might the fuel filter be gummed up? If so, is there a way to clean it?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-05-16, 10:07 PM   #2  
Sounds like your carb is stopped up again. Are you using non-ethanol gas? I'm thinking your screen in the carb is probably clogged.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

CAL

06-06-16, 08:36 AM   #3  
Yes, using regular gas.

Do I need to dismantle the carb, or just remove it and clean with carb cleaner?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-06-16, 12:37 PM   #4  
Disassembly is required. You say yes, bu tthen say regular gas... most regular gas has ethanol in it. Unless you are going to a place that advertises non-ethanol gas and paying extra for it, you are using ethanol gas.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

CAL

06-06-16, 09:52 PM   #5  
I didn't know that about regular gas. I disassembled the carb, cleaned it, and reassembled and tried to start it but with no luck. I may buy a carb rebuild kit and rebuild the original.

NH

06-07-16, 05:20 AM   #6  
Try reversing the fuel lines sounds like they could be wrong,fuel should be pulled through the carb then back into the tank,there are fuel additives to use with regular gas/ethanol I have used them for awhile and never had a problem,what Mdl. Carb are you using?

CAL

06-11-16, 11:06 AM   #7  
I replaced the carb and it works good. I noticed on the stock and then on the replacement - the replacement that stopped working - that there was a little rubber gasket or plug on the original covering the carb adjustment screw. This wasn't there - or came off - of the replacement.

The new carb has this.

Search this Thread