Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tecumseh carburetor throttle linkage

PA

06-18-16, 01:23 PM   #1  
Tecumseh carburetor throttle linkage

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 3436
Size:  37.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 3392
Size:  39.9 KB

I have a tecumseh 5.5 hp LEV 120 engine. I had to replace the carburetor on it, but forgot which hole the throttle link from the governor to the throttle lever goes. I also don't know if there is something that connects from the control bracket (switchate) to the throttle lever on the carburetor or not. The control bracket is on top of the carburetor. The way I have it hooked up now is I have the throttle link hooked into the big hole on the throttle lever that is toward the primer side. Could you please help? Thank you in advance. FYI: the carb no. Is 640276.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-18-16, 04:44 PM   #2  
See if this is clear enough to show how it connects.
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/ou...ng-help.html#b

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

PA

06-18-16, 06:28 PM   #3  
Thank you for your help. I followed the instrutions you gave me, but the hole they said to use, the linkage pushes the throttle wide open. Also, I don't see anyplace or have any springs thatconnects from the bottom of the throttle switchplate to the governor. Thanks again.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-18-16, 09:32 PM   #4  
The rod you have connected to the lower hole in the governor arm has the spring connected to it. I can see the spring in the first picture. It does hold it wide open until the engine starts and the governor takes over.

God bless!

PA

06-19-16, 04:48 PM   #5  
Yes that is the right hole that you said it was. I was worried that it would overspeed the engine and end up throwing a rod. Thank again!

PA

06-24-16, 08:57 PM   #6  
I have another problem. It feels like the throttle is binding up and doesn't open and close smoothly. The governor can slow the engine down but can't seem to speed it up. When you move the throttle by hand it feels as if you are turning a wall lightswitch on and off. I don't know if that is normal or not. Thanks in advance.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-24-16, 09:33 PM   #7  
That's not normal. Sounds like it's binding or rubbing something. Maybe connected in the wrong hole.

God bless!

PA

06-29-16, 12:41 PM   #8  
This picture is how i have the throttle linkage hooked up now. The hole that is circled is the one I used the first time. The throttle moved freely but it didn't run very good. Have you ever seen the bigger hole used in a Tecumseh? All the stuff I read on the internet always used the small hole.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2197
Size:  31.8 KB

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-29-16, 02:38 PM   #9  
No, you have it in the right spot. It doesn't move easily like that?

God bless!

Search this Thread