Craftsman power washer :no pressure

Old 06-29-16, 06:47 PM
Craftsman power washer :no pressure

Craftsman Power Washer Model 580.752030; 1.9 GPM / 2000 PSI.

Symptom : No pressure.
Wand looks cleared.
Removed unloader valve = AOK . White lithium grease , works easily slides.

Suspected check valves , so attempted dis-assembly to remove check valves .

Question / Obstacle:
How to access the 3 INLET check valves that are hidden beneath the black plastic cap on the side of the pump housing?
There aren't any " 3 hex head bolts" to remove from the pump housing as seen in many videos .
Do you press out the 3 " roller pins" that appear to be sandwiched into the black cap?

Question Obstacle:
When I saw the remaining 3 OUTLET plastic check valves inside the pump housing, I saw that each has a small plastic head that I thought I could grab to assist in pulling out each of the 3 OUTLET check valves. No such luck. None would budge. Plastic head starts to disintegrate.
How do you remove/ pry /tug out the 3 OUTLET check valves ? Name:  How  to remove black plastic cap covering 3 check valves?.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  40.7 KBName:  Check valve removal? .jpg
Views: 500
Size:  44.8 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-16, 09:20 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

I can't help you directly but sometimes expanded parts views can help.

Pump Diagram & Parts List for Model 580752030 Craftsman

In the following link... after it opens..... click on it for an expanded view.
sears parts direct/lis_png/PLDM/P0704089-00002.png

Others will stop by to help you further if they are familiar with that unit.

Old 06-30-16, 03:57 AM
I used the Sears parts schematic to learn about the " 3 plugs" that act as roller pin pressure fit securing pins to secure the black plastic cap in photo number one.
That same website provided a listing of replacement "3 plugs " and also a check valve repair kit.
Based on the available replacement parts, I concluded that these parts are removable.
I can see the 6 check valves in the check valve replacement kit ; hence they should come out by some mysterious technique. Brute force?

Neither YouTube videos nor RepairClinic.com videos shows the same parts that my pressure washer contains.
Their videos show an easy removal of 3 hex head bolts to access the INLET check valves and also show a person easily prying out the OUTLET check valves.
This was not my experience.
Bigger hammer required??
Has anyone worked on this peculiar model?
As an aside, the small diameter plastic wheels that allow the pressure washer to roll about are way too tiny to allow underneath clearance of the attaching garden hose and wand. It is designed to allow the the attachment connections to scrape on the ground and to be subject to snapping off quite accidentally due to not enough under carriage ground clearance. Needs much larger wheels to avoid mishaps. Poor design in my opinion / experience.