Craftsman wheeled weedtrimmer 675 B&S running slow and rough

Old 07-01-16, 08:33 AM
Craftsman wheeled weedtrimmer 675 B&S running slow and rough

Craftsman 917.773746 weed wacker running slow and rough. I have cleaned weeds from mowball and above, put on new 18 3/4 " lines and replaced filter and prefilter. Still runs slow and rough and dies if it sees grass over 6" tall.
Wonder if new spark plug would correct problem? Is it possible carburetor needs adjustment, if so, is this something I can do?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-16, 09:12 AM
Group Moderator
Most often dirty or old fuel causes most small engine problems. If that's the case your carburetor may been to be removed, disassembled and cleaned. A new spark plug wouldn't hurt but it will not make the engine run slower.

Also, inspect the throttle and governor linkage. Maybe something has come loose or gotten bumped and the engine is not being run up to full throttle.

Old 07-03-16, 11:55 AM
Thx pilot Dane ... took the bowl off and cleaned, also cleaned needle holes ... that did the trick, up and running like a champ!

Old 07-03-16, 02:19 PM
After running one of those units for 12 years, I had to shorten the "stretched" Governor Spring about a " in order to get it back to its normal RPM.