Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Rider Mower-Crftsmn-LT1000-Mower deck reinstall

PA

07-15-16, 11:02 PM   #1  
Rider Mower-Crftsmn-LT1000-Mower deck reinstall

Craftsman Rider Mower LT1000 Model: 917.275390
Intek 18 OHV B&S Motor 42" cut

So my nephew was attempting to help me recently and removed the mower deck of my lawn tractor to clean up the underneath of it. I praise him for trying to be helpful but now he can't remember how it goes back on and I have no clue. I did some searches on Google hoping to see a youtube video but only finds ones that are not specific to this lawn tractor.

Can someone please point me in the right direction of a starting point.

Thanks so much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NC

07-16-16, 04:44 AM   #2  
I did a search online and the manual for your tractor is available here.

TN

07-16-16, 06:32 AM   #3  
Instructions

Page 22 of the manual on right side under "install mower".

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-16-16, 11:30 AM   #4  
It's pretty simple, there are 2 rods going to the front of the deck from under the front steering axle and two that hang down from under the seat area that connect to pins on top of the deck. The cable goes through the little triangular bracket towards the rear with a clip through it and the spring goes to the top of the tenstioner pulley where the bolt is extra long and has a hole in it. Put the spring on, then the thick little washer, then a clip through the hole.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

PA

07-16-16, 12:01 PM   #5  
Thanks everyone for your help and thanks for the manual!!!!!! Really appreciated!!!! I will give it a whirl tomorrow.

Search this Thread