Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy Bilt Pony Deck Adjustment Gear Stuck

08-05-16, 07:01 AM   #1  
Troy Bilt Pony Deck Adjustment Gear Stuck

I recently removed my mower deck to replace the blades on my mower. After putting it back on it was cutting uneven. When trying to adjust the side to side level on the deck, I loosened the nut on the left side, but cannot get the adjustment gear to turn clockwise or counter clockwise at all. Any ideas why this would be happening? The left side blade is between 3/8 to 1/2in. lower than the right side.

Sponsored Links

TN

08-05-16, 08:47 AM   #2  
Deck Adjustment

The adjusting gear may be rusted in place. Add some penetrating lubricant and tap the adjusting gear lightly with a hammer to aid the lubricant to penetrate. Let soak a few minutes and turn with a wrench.

08-05-16, 09:15 AM   #3  
Thanks for the reply. I just bought this mower last year new. I have taken the adjusting gear completely off to inspect it and it looks fine. I did notice that when I took off the adjusting gear nothing moved (I was expecting the piece that is attached to the mounting arm and the mower deck to separate and the mower deck to drop down).

08-09-16, 09:54 AM   #4  
I was able to get it leveled. I had to take the mounting arm out from the piece that is used to adjust the deck (it also connects the mounting arm and mower deck together). After removing the mounting arm and then removing the adjustment gear completely, I knocked the piece loose, then put it back togetherand made the adjustment before putting it back in the mounting arm. Not sure if it was just stuck in there, or if putting the mounting rod causes it to not be at a good angle where the piece can move up and down. Hope that makes some kind of sense.

Search this Thread