Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

22 hp v-twin governor problem

08-24-16, 07:22 AM   #1  
22 hp v-twin governor problem

I have a 22 hp predator v-twin engine that I recently tried adjust governor to get to 4000 rpms. So I loosened the nut on the governor arm which got it loose from the governor shaft. There was a pin through the governor shaft so I took it out and it almost fell through the hole. I put the pin back and tried to get everything back the way it was but when I cranked it up it ran full throttle up to 5100 rpms. When I looked at the linkage from the carburetor to the governor it is getting stuck at full throttle. Any ideas on what I did or how to fix it.

Sponsored Links

IA

08-24-16, 07:42 AM   #2  
You'll need to post more engine information, like make, model, SN, Andy. There are a lot of setups on engines to sort out now days.

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

08-24-16, 11:38 AM   #3  
Setting the governor arm on the shaft is pretty basic on all briggs....

This Should get you back to stock...

Just needs a bigger hammer
Peace

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-24-16, 07:00 PM   #4  
This isn't a briggs.

It's a chinese honda clone.

With it being a knockoff uncommon engine, finding someone who is familiar enough with it to know what you might have done wrong is probably going to be nearly impossible. You'll have to go through and inspect it to see where the problem is. The governor should hold the throttle open while it's not running and be able to close it fully.

Keep in mind that the engine is not designed to run like this. There is a heavy flywheel under the engine shroud that is made of cheap cast metal and made in China at that... flywheels can explode when you spin them faster then they are designed to, sending shrapnel out like a grenade. Not advised.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread