Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Question about an older Snapper Lawnmower model LT145H38FBV

NC

08-24-16, 08:23 PM   #1  
Question about an older Snapper Lawnmower model LT145H38FBV

I sort of "inherited" this old lawnmower which is not running. Has not been used for approximately 2 years.

Here is my current problem: The "brake/clutch cable spring"(which is attached to a cable) is broken(the cable is not broken.) I cannot figure out what the hooked end of this spring hooks to. The picture of part diagram in the parts manual does not clearly show exactly what this spring attaches to.

Two questions: #1. What does the spring attach to???

#2. Do the spring and cable go above or below the Drive Belt Pulley spring which crosses them. (Currently the spring & Cable are below that spring but is rubbing it & it appears the they should go above it instead of below it.

If you have this mower or a snapper model that is comparable, maybe you would look at yours and inform me.

Thanks to all in advance

GD

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-25-16, 01:29 AM   #2  
Check out this diagram and look at #36 at the bottom of the picture. It shows it in two places (both ends).

https://www.partstree.com/parts/snap...ng-components/

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NC

08-25-16, 05:37 AM   #3  
Please reread my original post as it states "The picture of part diagram in the parts manual does not clearly show exactly what this spring attaches to." I am hoping someone will either look at their like Snapper lawnmower and EXPLAIN to me where that blame spring's HOOKED end attaches!! THANKS for responding anyway!!

GD

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-28-16, 08:50 PM   #4  
I read it perfectly the first time and figured you either were looking at the wrong thing or not able to understand the drawing, since it clearly shows where both ends connect. I'm not sure how to explain any clearer than a drawing showing both ends and exactly what part they connect to.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MN

08-29-16, 09:46 AM   #5  
It shows it in two places (both ends).

I missed that the first time I looked too. The bottom 36 shows one end then you have to look up a bit to see the other end.

Search this Thread