Honda GC 190 mixture adjustment?

Old 08-31-16, 11:41 AM
Honda GC 190 mixture adjustment?

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a Simpson gas pressure washer with a GC 190 Honda motor on it. Simpson Honda GC190 MegaShot 3,100 psi 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer-MSH3125-S - The Home Depot

When I first fired it up I noted that it did not take much choke if any as I am located at 5400' and I suspect the motor is running rich anyway.
A couple of weeks after the first use of maybe 20 minutes I found the motor was hard starting, wanted no choke.
Is it possible I am running too rich on the carb? If so, can anyone refer me to where I adjust it? The owner's manual shows me very little.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-16, 01:31 PM
Are you using fresh gas? Have a good one. Geo

Old 08-31-16, 03:19 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Some manuals will refer to high altitude specifications...most I have seen begin over 7000ft.

As long as you are not fouling spark plugs, I would say just give it what it wants. You can check the spark plug to get an indication of how rich or lean it is running. Whitesh would be lean, tan to light brown just right, black would be rich or oil.

Old 08-31-16, 04:49 PM
Gas purchased same day as I bought the PW so it's fresh.
I will check the plug color tomorrow but as it wants no choke to start I suspect it's running rich. as the mechanism comes up in RPM automatically to build pressure on the pump for washing I suspect that is complicating matters with more fuel.
My new Mercury 4 stroke 20 HP outboard does the same thing at this altitude. No choke and runs a bit rich. But there I have the electric start and can control the fuel flow to a minimum.

Old 08-31-16, 05:56 PM
Looks like there are options for above 5k ft.

Here

Old 08-31-16, 05:58 PM
If you are mechanical at all and can get Honda to send or sell you the jet, replacing it is easy peasy.

Old 09-01-16, 10:01 AM
Today I checked the plug color and it's fine.
So I fired it up and it caught right away, go figure.
Leave well enough alone for now I guess.
I did find a .pdf for the motor that shows two smaller jets for 5,000' and above and another for like 10,000'.