Plastic float leaks, Tech Talk

Old 09-28-16, 04:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Plastic float leaks, Tech Talk

First for me...in my nearly 20 years and countless thousands of carburetors with plastic floats to see one full of fuel

A Ruixing carb on a Briggs 16.5HP Intek. It is on a brand new DR Brush Cutter and will be covered under warranty.

No doubt this has got to be from a manufacturing flaw and not age, fuel, contaminants etc. Still I was pretty amazed when I noticed it.

This engine uses two carbs, the other is a Nikki. I dug through boxes of old carbs we have and found 20 or so of the Nikki, but not one Ruixing, and of course the floats are not interchangeable.

Last edited by BFHFixit; 09-28-16 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-28-16, 05:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
I've seen it only on Chinese carburetors that I can recall. The MTD powermore engines mostly. Ruixing carbs come from there AFAIK.

This junk is getting cheaper and cheaper by the day. I've been seeing chinese starters breaking a lot recently too... the entire case, the machined gears, etc...

Old 09-28-16, 05:22 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yep I have seen alot of the Powermore engines also with the full on plastic carb, and not only on MTD. To remove the jet/emulsion tube on one of these requires a new one be installed

I am not liking the Nikki versions though either, the brass jets are held into the plastic only by orings that will barely fit over a toothpick. Once the o-rings go, the fuel is no longer metered and the engine will flood out.

One good thing about the Ruixing is it seems to be a knock off of the Walbro/Briggs which is still much better than the Nikki Idea IMO.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: