Husqvarna 137 Chainsaw Idle

Old 11-05-16, 11:40 AM
Husqvarna 137 Chainsaw Idle

This thing has been getting gradually worse. When it was new the idle was lean, but at least it didn't die. Then it got worse, and worse. Today I finally had a look at the carburetor, cleaned, seems fine. The L screw is practically fully open, idle is so lean it dies.
Is there some gasket I should look at? Blown so it is getting air?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-16, 11:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Check for cracked fuel lines or primer bulb. Barring that, the carburetor is the most likely culprit.

Old 11-05-16, 02:08 PM
Thanks for reply! Replaced the fuel lines and primer bulb, should have mentioned. Anything I can do with this carburetor short of replacing? I used to work on carburetors in past, but this is so small and I really do not see how I could clean it thoroughly. I used compressed air and paint thinner I happened to have handy.

Old 11-05-16, 05:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Aerosol carburetor cleaner works to dissolve old gas varnish, paint thinner doesn't. Try some and see. Shoot it through the idle circuit well.

Old 11-06-16, 05:09 PM
You were right. I took the damn thing apart one more time, verified the idle circuit, used compressed air one more time - was too lazy to go shopping for cleaner - and it works! It responds to idle screw and it idles without lean sound. This is very first time I hear it idling like this. As I said before, it was lean when it was new. Has something to do with EPA, I guess.

Search this Thread