Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Trying to confirm carburetor part number

VA

11-08-16, 04:58 AM   #1  
Trying to confirm carburetor part number

I have a generator that uses a B&S 19E412 motor, at the moment it will run but only with the choke on. As soon as I shut the choke off, the motor dies. Researching online that lead me to the path of a dirty carb, which makes sense as the generator sat for a good amount of time.

However, when trying to find information on the carb I am getting wildly different pricing on a new one. I have found the cheapest for around $30 going all the way up to almost $150. Now, if I can get a new carb for $30 I may simply do that since a rebuild kit and carb cleaner is likely going to set me back almost $20, not to mention no guarantee of a fix and the time spent tearing down and rebuilding the carb.

But, if it is $150, then I may give cleaning and a rebuild a try first. Especially since once I get the generator running reliably I plan to sell it anyway. So, can someone confirm the correct carburetor part number for a Briggs & Stratton 19E412.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-08-16, 04:36 PM   #2  
There can be different carbs on the same model engine, depending on other factors. Look at a briggs IPL for that model, type, and code, and find the carb illustration that matches your carb and use the number for that one.

You shouldn't need a rebuild kit or anything more than 30 minutes of time and a $5 can of carb cleaner. Usually you don't have to even take the carb off.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MN

11-09-16, 08:08 AM   #3  
As long as it runs I'd dump a good amount of seafoam in the gas tank and see if that cleans it out. That worked for my brother's snowblower.

VA

11-09-16, 10:52 AM   #4  
Thanks, I will give the cleaner and seafoam a shot, if that does not work will try to identify the exact carb and replace it.

Search this Thread