Trying to confirm carburetor part number

Old 11-08-16, 04:58 AM
N
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Trying to confirm carburetor part number

I have a generator that uses a B&S 19E412 motor, at the moment it will run but only with the choke on. As soon as I shut the choke off, the motor dies. Researching online that lead me to the path of a dirty carb, which makes sense as the generator sat for a good amount of time.

However, when trying to find information on the carb I am getting wildly different pricing on a new one. I have found the cheapest for around $30 going all the way up to almost $150. Now, if I can get a new carb for $30 I may simply do that since a rebuild kit and carb cleaner is likely going to set me back almost $20, not to mention no guarantee of a fix and the time spent tearing down and rebuilding the carb.

But, if it is $150, then I may give cleaning and a rebuild a try first. Especially since once I get the generator running reliably I plan to sell it anyway. So, can someone confirm the correct carburetor part number for a Briggs & Stratton 19E412.

Thanks.

Old 11-08-16, 04:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 146 Upvotes on 135 Posts
There can be different carbs on the same model engine, depending on other factors. Look at a briggs IPL for that model, type, and code, and find the carb illustration that matches your carb and use the number for that one.

You shouldn't need a rebuild kit or anything more than 30 minutes of time and a $5 can of carb cleaner. Usually you don't have to even take the carb off.

Old 11-09-16, 08:08 AM
B
Received 13 Upvotes on 9 Posts
As long as it runs I'd dump a good amount of seafoam in the gas tank and see if that cleans it out. That worked for my brother's snowblower.

Old 11-09-16, 10:52 AM
N
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Thanks, I will give the cleaner and seafoam a shot, if that does not work will try to identify the exact carb and replace it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: