Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Toro snowblower - not 'revving up' when engaging the blades

CT

12-13-16, 12:26 PM   #1  
Toro snowblower - not 'revving up' when engaging the blades

I apologize in advance as I know my terminology isn't great, but here's my situation:

I recently purchased (at a garage sale), a Toro Power Clear™ 221R (21") 141cc Single-Stage Snow Blower.

It starts fine and generally runs fine, but I was told by a neighbor that when I engage the blades (which do immediately start to spin), that the machine should really 'rev up' as it needs to throw the snow.

In other words, when I engage the blades there is absolutely no change to the machine, aside from the blades beginning to spin (as rapidly as they should I believe).

So, are the spinning blades enough to throw the snow, or should there be some extra 'oomph' that isn't happening?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

VT

12-13-16, 12:47 PM   #2  
Has it been put under a "load"; meaning have you been asking it to move some snow ?

Or is it that you're just practicing on the driveway ?

The Governor should sense when it's actually being asked to perform work, and then increase the fuel supply accordingly.

Last edited by Vermont; 12-13-16 at 01:06 PM.

CT

12-13-16, 12:51 PM   #3  
Just practicing...

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait for it to snow, test it out, and report back if necessary.

Thanks again!

Search this Thread