Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Identifying snow blower brand ?

NJ

12-18-16, 04:44 PM   #1  
Identifying snow blower brand ?

Hey Folks,,
I picked up a pretty old snow blower I believe from around the 70's in pretty good shape . Needed some carb work but thats all fixed and runs well. The previous owner has the wrong belts on it and i'm trying to identify the mfgr. so I can get the correct belts.Its labeled as a Rickel which was a hardware store on the east coast that went out of buisness.

Attached Images

Sponsored Links

VA

12-18-16, 06:42 PM   #2  
What wrong with the belts that are one there now?
Here's a simple formula for figuring out what length belt should have been used.
V-Belt Length Calculator

VT

12-19-16, 04:29 AM   #3  
That Des Moines address is for AMF (the bowling concern), which owned Western International. Brands made by them included Dynamark, Noma, AYP (American Yard Products), and most recently, Murray.

You'll be pleased to know that Murray is now owned by Briggs and Stratton.

You'll be able to use your Model Number - 204103 to locate parts under one of those names

I only know this because I own a 1973 Dynamark Riding Lawnmower (among others) and always find parts by searching under multiple names. Your machine looks far younger, and the Tecumseh Engine looks like mid-1990s. I'm impressed by how little rust appears on that unit.

NJ

12-19-16, 06:18 AM   #4  
thanks guys for replying, vermont, thanks for the info, i've been searching under Tecumseh Snow King and realized that it only pertained to the engine so I will do my search as you suggested thanks. joecaption, i'm not real familar with snow blowers but as I understand how they work the impeller is not supposed to spin all the time at full speed. the adjuster is backed off and the belt is tight so i'm guessing the belt is too small and was forced on. i've never seen or knew even existed a vbelt calculator but would that work with the way this is designed with the cable driven adjuster.

CO

12-19-16, 08:03 AM   #5  
Your model number translates to 2041 0300
This model is the same you can find you part numbers here:
Murray st Parts Diagram Index for 2041-0100

NJ

12-19-16, 03:17 PM   #6  
Thank You aj-allen that is exactly the blower I have, much appreciated and apparently this is the place to go when your looking for answers.I'll be logging in often to see if I can help someone out and give back to the community.

Search this Thread