Snapper Snow Blower Tecumseh Engine Gas Leak

Old 12-19-16, 05:31 AM
Snapper Snow Blower Tecumseh Engine Gas Leak

Carbeuretor was replaced a few years ago and has worked fine. I used it a couple of days ago and afterwards I noticed it was leaking gas. I closed the shut off valve but the leak continued. I filled the tank before snow blowing and didn't use all the gas but the tank is now empty. Where to start checking for the leak?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-16, 07:52 AM
Take the line off the carburetor and make sure the shut off valve is stopping the flow from the tank through the line. If so, the leak is from that point back to the tank. If the shut off isn't stopping the flow, the float valve is likely leaking in the carburetor. Then you should get that stopped and change the oil before starting the engine again.

Old 12-21-16, 01:09 PM
I unscrewed the carb cover but could not get the choke knob off....not sure if the shop that replaced the carb glued it on. I unscrewed the carb bowl and was able to move the float up and down. I reattached the carb bowl and then primed and started the snow blower....started right up on the first pull. I closed the shutoff valve and the snow blower continued to run for a short time and then stopped......I assume the shutoff valve works. I'm not familiar with how the engine actually works but would you assume that the float may have been stuck? Can you recommend some documentation that I can read to get a better understanding of how this type of engine works?