Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Pull Cord Snaped / Electric Start No Fuel ??

CANADA

01-03-17, 09:13 AM   #1  
Pull Cord Snaped / Electric Start No Fuel ??

We have a 24" Cub Cadet Snowblower complete with Electric Start which has never been used as 1 or 2 pulls it Fired Up Rightaway.. Was out clearing around the Mailbox walking 2ft.down Slight Incline, Blower stalls, Tank is 1/2 Full.. If misery loves company level ground pull cord , Cord Frease & Snaps Beauty.. Drag Snowblower back to the Shed and Plug in Electric Start, Unit rolls over as it should but doesn't seem to be getting any Gas nor do I Smell any.. This Outing was the 3rd Time out this season and it's Fresh Gas.... Thoughts & Ideas Appreciated, Cheers Thanks

Sponsored Links

OH

01-03-17, 10:32 AM   #2  
Any chance the little ignition key fell out? You might not notice it's missing since you don't normally have to do anything with it.

You are using the prime button, correct?

I don't believe those units have low oil cutout, but worth checking the oil level.

Group Moderator

NC

01-03-17, 11:39 AM   #3  
Remove the spark plug and hook the wire back up to the plug. Rest the plug so the metal body of the plug is touching bare metal on the engine. Turn the engine over. Do you see the plug sparking? If not, it could be something simple like the ignition key or something in the switch shorting out. If you have a spark you need to verify that the carburetor is getting fuel.

CANADA

01-03-17, 11:54 AM   #4  
Pull Cord / Electric Start

@ Carbide Tipped & Pilot Dane.. Thanks for the Comebacks.. It's been a few days now , I just put it away for another day ...lol.. I'll go through the motions again tomorrow, Yes it has a Plastic Dead Key I keep it zip tied to a throttle cable.... I had figured if by chance I was flooding it , I'd let it sit for a few days.. As I said the Electric Start has never been used so I don't know how Blower responds to being started that way ?? Normally I'd prime the button about 10 times put the Throttle Lever about 1 knotch from the Turtle towards the Rabbit and Choke on Full.. 1 / 2 Pulls and it would Fire Up then it was feathering the Choke Off & Throttle to Full before commencing the Task..

Group Moderator

NC

01-03-17, 03:12 PM   #5  
Go ahead and try the electric start especially if you think you have it flooded. If you suspect flooding move the throttle to the full open/fast position and try starting. You may have to turn it over for a bit to push/blow the excess fuel out but once the mixture gets back to where it should be the engine will start to fire.

Search this Thread