Pam for my snow thrower?

Old 01-06-17, 01:22 PM
Pam for my snow thrower?

I finished clearing my driveway this morning and came away less than fully satisfied with the snow thrower's production. Long story short, I looked it over and found I'd broken a shear pin. After the repair I did some research on silicone spray and found some products that looked good at stopping the snow from sticking including some designed specifically for snow equipment.

I also read that many people seem to be having good success with Pam or similar products at a fraction of the cost.

My inclination is to use a non-specific silicone lubricant or perhaps something (non-silicone) like Teflon Non-Stick that I can use on my mower, as well, but Pam seems like an easy fix.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Tony P.; 01-06-17 at 03:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-17, 03:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Car wax

Old 01-06-17, 03:19 PM
Ah maybe you need a different snowblower, In all the many different models I have owned or operated I have never found that wax or Pam to make any difference in the units overall performace.

Old 01-06-17, 03:44 PM
Group Moderator
I use the silicone based stuff marketed for snow blowers. It's a bit expensive but we get snow so infrequently that a can lasts several years. I used cooking spray the first year but I don't get enough use to determine which works best. The snow blower spray does seem to help during certain conditions and I think it helps a lot when you bring a warm machine outside and it cools to freezing.

Old 01-06-17, 05:51 PM
Any silicon spray will do fine. But no matter what you use you will need to re-apply periodically.