Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Looking for a heat engine / steam turbine.

CAL

01-13-17, 02:55 PM   #1  
Looking for a heat engine / steam turbine.

I'm new to this board so if I'm posting this to the wrong section let me know.

I'm looking for an enclosed heat engine or a steam turbine which operates in ~220c range. I've tried searching in a lot of places, but all I've found is small hobbyist toys or massive industrial equipment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

01-13-17, 03:09 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forums! While it may not be posted in the correct forum, what we do here is help people with problems. It is out of our purview to be a locating service, as we don't have the resources for such. Have you tried Craigs list or other sale locations?

CAL

01-13-17, 03:18 PM   #3  
Yes, I've look on sites generally dedicated to this sort of topic, Alibaba/ebay/etc. However I haven't found anything. At this point I would be happy if I found a manufacturer I could call. I was more hoping someone more involved with the topic would be able to point me in the right direction.

Edit: for future reference what would be the correct board? I could also try looking around there.

Group Moderator

TX

01-13-17, 03:32 PM   #4  
Steam turbines are rarely if ever used to power things around the house so there really isn't a forum for that. Why do you want to use a steam turbine rather than a more conventional power source? What are you going to use it for?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

CAL

01-13-17, 03:42 PM   #5  
This would be used in conjunction with a solar thermal system I can use to generate steam and hopefully electricity if I find a turbine in the right temperature range.

ME

01-13-17, 04:12 PM   #6  
Have you searched "residential steam turbine generator" or CHP combined heat and power? I expect the prices to be high but the sizes are getting smaller.

Bud

Search this Thread