Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Weedeater FL1500 Blower

Forum Topic Moderator

LA

02-10-17, 01:24 PM   #1  
Weedeater FL1500 Blower

I think this thing isnt producing any fire. It wont start obviously. Gas is on the plug, but when I pull the plug & stick it against or next to metal, it doesnt give me any spark that I can see.
I'll admit the plug is about 3 or 4 years old but it should be good... or no? It gets used about 5 or 6 times a year is all.
If there is no fire, is it even worth fooling with? The blower is probably 10 + years old.

Sponsored Links

VA

02-10-17, 04:00 PM   #2  
You have an $80.00 low end blower, going to cost more to get it fixed then what it cost to buy.

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

02-10-17, 04:19 PM   #3  
By all means try a new plug.
What metal are you placing the plug nearby to test?

I have rarely seen many of these that have no spark to be the coil but rather the switch or wiring to the switch. If you are mechanically inclined and want a project, we can tell you how and what to test but most of these are like a Chinese finger puzzle getting apart and putting back.

Just needs a bigger hammer
Peace

Forum Topic Moderator

LA

02-10-17, 04:49 PM   #4  
I may pickup a new plug tomorrow just to give it a shot. I enjoy tinkering with this sort of stuff but if its more likely to be a "Chinese Finger Puzzle", wont put a lot of effort into it. After all, like Joe said, its a cheap blower & its always a pain to start anyway. If a spark pug dont get it going, I may just go get a new one somewhere.

I'll touch base back tomorrow after I pick up a new plug & give that a try.

Thanks guys.

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

02-10-17, 05:15 PM   #5  
Yep, have a look at it and see if you would feel comfortable even trying to get the switch out of the case to test it.
I have not looked at your model but I imagine the entire case needs to be split in order to properly access/remove components to test.

Just needs a bigger hammer
Peace

Search this Thread