Weedeater FL1500 Blower

Old 02-10-17, 02:24 PM
D
Group Moderator
Received 249 Upvotes on 199 Posts
Weedeater FL1500 Blower

I think this thing isnt producing any fire. It wont start obviously. Gas is on the plug, but when I pull the plug & stick it against or next to metal, it doesnt give me any spark that I can see.
I'll admit the plug is about 3 or 4 years old but it should be good... or no? It gets used about 5 or 6 times a year is all.
If there is no fire, is it even worth fooling with? The blower is probably 10 + years old.

Old 02-10-17, 05:00 PM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
You have an $80.00 low end blower, going to cost more to get it fixed then what it cost to buy.

Old 02-10-17, 05:19 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
By all means try a new plug.
What metal are you placing the plug nearby to test?

I have rarely seen many of these that have no spark to be the coil but rather the switch or wiring to the switch. If you are mechanically inclined and want a project, we can tell you how and what to test but most of these are like a Chinese finger puzzle getting apart and putting back.

Old 02-10-17, 05:49 PM
D
Group Moderator
Received 249 Upvotes on 199 Posts
I may pickup a new plug tomorrow just to give it a shot. I enjoy tinkering with this sort of stuff but if its more likely to be a "Chinese Finger Puzzle", wont put a lot of effort into it. After all, like Joe said, its a cheap blower & its always a pain to start anyway. If a spark pug dont get it going, I may just go get a new one somewhere.

I'll touch base back tomorrow after I pick up a new plug & give that a try.

Thanks guys.

Old 02-10-17, 06:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yep, have a look at it and see if you would feel comfortable even trying to get the switch out of the case to test it.
I have not looked at your model but I imagine the entire case needs to be split in order to properly access/remove components to test.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: