Ridgid generator-- problem with plugs and display

Old 03-11-17, 09:40 PM
Ridgid generator-- problem with plugs and display

I borrowed a ridgid 5700 generator from my neighbor during a power outage and it worked great for the last two days then ....while it was running I realized that the few things I had plugged into it didn't seem to be getting any power from the Gfci plugs.(Sump pump , refrigerator, coffee pot, cell phone charger). So I unplugged everything tried resetting the gifs but still nothing. Also noticed the display is dead so I'm thinking something bigger going on other than just replacing the plugs. Thanks for any help in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-17, 11:59 PM
Group Moderator
There are round push buttons next to the receptacles. Those are circuit breakers. Make sure they are all pushed in.

Some of these Ridgid generators have a removable 120v receptacle section that can be used away from the generator. That can be un-plugged in the back.

Manual......
ridgid/resources/media/generator

Old 03-13-17, 05:16 AM
Thanks for your response..You are right . Some ridgid models do have a latched panel that can easily be removed. However the one I have doesn't have that design. It is attached by a dozen screws .... I am prepared to remove it if that would be the next logical step.I tried pushing in the black circuit breaker buttons but they don't seem to lock back in place ....

Old 03-13-17, 10:26 AM
Group Moderator
It can be hard to tell when those circuit breakers trip.

You should only have one tripped and it should stick out a little further than the other ones.
If they all appear the same then you'll need to open the wiring area and first look for loose unconnected wires. If all ok then a meter will be required for voltage checks.