Pressure washer surging, low pressure, etc

Old 04-22-17, 05:27 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pressure washer surging, low pressure, etc

Hi, i have a karcher g2301lt pressure washer that started acting up in the middle of cleaning my deck. It started surging and i figured it was trapped air, so i shut it off and held the trigger on the gun and no air came out. So after some research i found that the unloader valve is a common problem with that. So i replaced it and tore apart the pump and cleaned everything and changed the pump oil, and it seemed to work.. Sort of. While it stopped surging when i pulled the trigger on the gun it would still surge when under no load. Also it did not have much pressure, i was able to get the moss off but could not take off the ugly paint that is on the deck (unlike before where it blasted it no problem). So i bought a new gun and hose and now it surges under no load pretty bad, and pulsates horibbly when the trigger is pulled. Still not much pressure but definitely a lot more than just the hose.

Im almost wanting to just get a new pump but cant find any replacements, its a shame because the motor runs superb and its a 6.5hp so definitely not a disposable motor..

Thanks for the help, chris

Old 04-22-17, 06:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 97 Votes on 90 Posts
You say surging... Is the engine revving up and down or the pressure, or both?

Old 04-23-17, 05:03 PM
C
It was just the pressure, engine runs perfect.

Im very dumb.. After some further researching alot of people were saying the check valves could be messed up, so i checked there and found that i had put one of them in upside down... Dont know how i did it but oh well fixed it and now it has great pressure no more issues!

Old 04-27-17, 11:40 AM
L
Received 3 Votes on 1 Post
I, for one, appreciate it when a person admits their mistakes and possibly alerts the rest of us to avoid doing the same.

Old 04-27-17, 05:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 97 Votes on 90 Posts
Glad you figured it out, it happens, we all do it.

Old 09-01-17, 12:29 PM
R
@Cp2295: so was it just the unloader valve to be replaced and now all is fine? I have a 2 year old Karcher G 2600 XC that is doing the same pulsating. Thinking it was the valve in the trigger gun, I replaced it. I am disappointed because the washer is still relatively new. And I had done the other troubleshooting such as: running the pump to allow the water to shoot out the side about 15-20 feet. That's why I thought I still had good pressure. You mentioned in a post that you put "one of them in upside down". Will I need to buy more than just the one unloader valve? Thanks for the help.

Last edited by R2C4 InPace; 09-01-17 at 02:09 PM. Reason: add a question

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: