Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Pressure washer surging, low pressure, etc

04-22-17, 05:27 PM   #1  
Pressure washer surging, low pressure, etc

Hi, i have a karcher g2301lt pressure washer that started acting up in the middle of cleaning my deck. It started surging and i figured it was trapped air, so i shut it off and held the trigger on the gun and no air came out. So after some research i found that the unloader valve is a common problem with that. So i replaced it and tore apart the pump and cleaned everything and changed the pump oil, and it seemed to work.. Sort of. While it stopped surging when i pulled the trigger on the gun it would still surge when under no load. Also it did not have much pressure, i was able to get the moss off but could not take off the ugly paint that is on the deck (unlike before where it blasted it no problem). So i bought a new gun and hose and now it surges under no load pretty bad, and pulsates horibbly when the trigger is pulled. Still not much pressure but definitely a lot more than just the hose.

Im almost wanting to just get a new pump but cant find any replacements, its a shame because the motor runs superb and its a 6.5hp so definitely not a disposable motor..

Thanks for the help, chris

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-22-17, 06:45 PM   #2  
You say surging... Is the engine revving up and down or the pressure, or both?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

04-23-17, 05:03 PM   #3  
It was just the pressure, engine runs perfect.

Im very dumb.. After some further researching alot of people were saying the check valves could be messed up, so i checked there and found that i had put one of them in upside down... Dont know how i did it but oh well fixed it and now it has great pressure no more issues!

OH

04-27-17, 11:40 AM   #4  
I, for one, appreciate it when a person admits their mistakes and possibly alerts the rest of us to avoid doing the same.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-27-17, 05:01 PM   #5  
Glad you figured it out, it happens, we all do it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

09-01-17, 12:29 PM   #6  
@Cp2295: so was it just the unloader valve to be replaced and now all is fine? I have a 2 year old Karcher G 2600 XC that is doing the same pulsating. Thinking it was the valve in the trigger gun, I replaced it. I am disappointed because the washer is still relatively new. And I had done the other troubleshooting such as: running the pump to allow the water to shoot out the side about 15-20 feet. That's why I thought I still had good pressure. You mentioned in a post that you put "one of them in upside down". Will I need to buy more than just the one unloader valve? Thanks for the help.

Last edited by R2C4 InPace; 09-01-17 at 02:09 PM. Reason: add a question

Search this Thread