HUSQ YTH22V46 Won't Crank

Old 05-01-17, 06:17 PM
HUSQ YTH22V46 Won't Crank

Hello all, looking for some help on a HUSQ YTH22V46. Was mowing the other day. Stopped to move some things out of the way, tried to start her up and wouldnt crank. There is no clicking in the solenoid, just silence when I try to fire it up. The Hour gauge does come on, so not sure if its a fuse issue or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My first thoughts were the solenoid. so i replaced with a briggs four pole, looked very similar to the one i removed, but no joy.

My next thought is the fuse, but am having a hard time reading the wiring diagram, as i'm not an electrician. I dont think that the Hour Meter would illuminate with a blown fuse, but maybe I'm wrong. I know its under the dash, but where. I looked pretty far and wide under there, and cant find this little 20A fuse for the life of me. Anyone have a picture of where it is? Again, the diagram is pretty vauge, as well as the description of location.

Reading above, or perhaps on another thread here, it seems that the fuse would be good if the Hour Meter was illuminated once key turned to on.

Thanks,

Dave

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-17, 06:49 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

I moved you to your own thread.

There are ten different versions or revisions of that model.

Husqvarna Riding Lawn Mowers YTH22V46
Under the picture of the tractor is MANUALS. Click on that and all the versions appear.

The one I looked at has a fuse and where that fuse is located..... if it's blown.... nothing will work.

Old 05-02-17, 05:26 AM
Double check that it's in neutral, blades shut off, someone's sitting on the seat.
Sounds more like a safety switch not closing to me, most common one to fail is the seat switch.
Need a volt OHM meter to check.

Old 05-02-17, 05:46 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
There should be one small wire on the main lug of the solenoid, follow that to the fuse block that will be clipped (like a small belt clip) to the side of the podium.
Make sure the PTO is off, if manual, make sure the handle is all the way down.
Set the parking brake to eliminate the seat switch.