Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Husqvarna Riding Mower YTH2448

05-14-17, 02:10 PM   #1  
Husqvarna Riding Mower YTH2448

I have a husq. Riding Mower with a BS 24 hp twin v engine that is giving me a few issues:

Battery wont stay charged. New battery last year and i have to jump start it each time

Second, i just installed a new wiring harness and got it running. Hopefully this fixes the issue with blowing the ignition fuse. Now that it's running i keep hearing what is best described as small backfires, especially while under load (driving upgill, etc). When i throttle down, it will pop before turning off before turning the key.

When i installed new harness i also replaced pto switch.

Any help is appreciated

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-14-17, 06:13 PM   #2  
The popping is a carburetor issue most likely. I'd clean the carburetor. The charging problem is likely a bad voltage regulator but you can check with a volt meter. Do you have one?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

05-14-17, 06:22 PM   #3  
Yes, i have a meter. I bought it used and had to adjust the valve gaps and that took care of the popping until recently.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-15-17, 11:01 AM   #4  
Set it to AC and check for around 30 volts on each of the two yellow wires going into the regulator. If you have voltage on both, check for DC voltage coming out the single wire on the regulator (15 volts or so), If it's not higher than battery voltage, then the regulator is bad. Post results.

God bless!

05-15-17, 04:20 PM   #5  
Here's what i found: wired coming from under flywheel have about 26.5 ac volts coming to the regulator with engine running. Then with the key on, not running, and probe hooked to single wire going back under flywheel is getting 12.4 dc. The single wire coming out of regulator is registering 11.8 dc.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-15-17, 07:05 PM   #6  
Do you get higher readings on the single wire with the engine running? If not, your regulator is bad.

God bless!

05-15-17, 07:25 PM   #7  
No, ill order a new regulator and go from there. Thanks for all the help!

Search this Thread