Husqvarna Riding Mower YTH2448

Old 05-14-17, 02:10 PM
Husqvarna Riding Mower YTH2448

I have a husq. Riding Mower with a BS 24 hp twin v engine that is giving me a few issues:

Battery wont stay charged. New battery last year and i have to jump start it each time

Second, i just installed a new wiring harness and got it running. Hopefully this fixes the issue with blowing the ignition fuse. Now that it's running i keep hearing what is best described as small backfires, especially while under load (driving upgill, etc). When i throttle down, it will pop before turning off before turning the key.

When i installed new harness i also replaced pto switch.

Any help is appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-17, 06:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The popping is a carburetor issue most likely. I'd clean the carburetor. The charging problem is likely a bad voltage regulator but you can check with a volt meter. Do you have one?

Old 05-14-17, 06:22 PM
Yes, i have a meter. I bought it used and had to adjust the valve gaps and that took care of the popping until recently.

Old 05-15-17, 11:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Set it to AC and check for around 30 volts on each of the two yellow wires going into the regulator. If you have voltage on both, check for DC voltage coming out the single wire on the regulator (15 volts or so), If it's not higher than battery voltage, then the regulator is bad. Post results.

Old 05-15-17, 04:20 PM
Here's what i found: wired coming from under flywheel have about 26.5 ac volts coming to the regulator with engine running. Then with the key on, not running, and probe hooked to single wire going back under flywheel is getting 12.4 dc. The single wire coming out of regulator is registering 11.8 dc.

Old 05-15-17, 07:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Do you get higher readings on the single wire with the engine running? If not, your regulator is bad.

Old 05-15-17, 07:25 PM
No, ill order a new regulator and go from there. Thanks for all the help!