Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Rebuilding Carb Husqvarna 150BT Blower

NJ

06-12-17, 09:31 AM   #1  
Rebuilding Carb Husqvarna 150BT Blower

This 6 year old blower has a Walbro WYA-79 . I used the Walbro kit and replaced the all parts including the primer bulb and check valve. I also set the diaphragm metering lever height. The Walbro instructions also call for adjusting the inner metering needle as part of the rebuild, but no instructions on how to remove the plug (referred to as glue by Walbro) above the needle. What is the best way you have found to remove the plug on top of the needle without damaging the needle head?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

KS

06-12-17, 03:48 PM   #2  
Not familiar with that particular one but I can offer some suggestions from what I know of on others such as zama's used on Echo equipment...
The special tool Echo sells to dealers is simply a threaded end with a handle, you thread it into the plug then pull it out. This particular one is a 2.5mm and had a slotted screw under the plug. You could also try using an appropriate drill bit by hand trying to remove the glue/plug, maybe compressed air and a pick to get the rest out until you find what ever the adjustment needle requires such as slot, knurled.....

Just needs a bigger hammer
Peace

Search this Thread