pressure washer... no water through it

Reply

  #1  
Old 06-28-17, 12:42 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,475
pressure washer... no water through it

Craftsman gas powered pressure washer, maybe 20 years or so old with a Reverberi XMV3G25 pump. It doesn't get a lot of use, maybe once or twice one year, then nothing the next year. Pulled the rope slowly a couple of times with the switch off just to turn things over, hooked up the water, turned the switch on, pulled the rope, and if fired right up. So far so good. Then noticed no water coming out the nozzle so shut it off. No water getting to the pressure hose. Removed the water hose, checked the inlet screen, wiped out just a minimal amount of grit, still no water getting through it, and that's where I am. Going to investigate further this evening. I've never had one of these pumps apart, but looked at the diagram and have some idea how it's made. Planning to take the pressure relief valve out and see if that's hung up somehow, then remove the head (?) (brass body) from the crankcase (?) and see how bad it looks inside. Diagram doesn't seem to show any gaskets, so assume these are machined surfaces. As I said, the inlet screen was actually pretty clean, and typically has been when I have checked it in the past, but we have well water, mildly hard, so still could be an issue. Anything else that I want to be looking at?
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-28-17, 04:35 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,475
Success! Pulled the pressure relief valve, unloader, or whatever the right name is out, turned the water on, and had plenty coming out that port as well as where the pressure hose connects. The plunger in it would not budge with any reasonable amount of tapping, so was thinking at first that I would soak it in some lime-away, but didn't know if that might affect the O rings, so kept working on it. There are two ports in the side of the body, opposite each other, and I managed to figure out that if I rotated the stem a bit I could see a little pin holding the two ends of the stem together. Used a very small pin driver to get that out, worked at the ends a bit to get them out, cleaned everything up, put it back together, and we had pressure at the wand. Sorry if too long of an explanation, but it's that time of the year, so maybe it will help someone sometime.
 
  #3  
Old 06-28-17, 05:29 PM
cheese's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 16,821
Glad you got it figured out!
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes