Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Deere 14SE 21" walk behind

PA

07-05-17, 05:56 PM   #1  
Deere 14SE 21" walk behind

Looking for part numbers for the subject mower:

The mower generally runs well but the needle / float is beginning to act up. Every once in a while the needle will not close fully and the carb overflows some gas. Typically only an ounce or two but even that small amount is enough to stink out the garage. Other, than that issue the mower runs good for its age. Now to the part numbers. I called the local Deere dealer and they want $36.xx for a rebuild kit which seems a little excessive. I was wondering if anyone had a Kawasaki part number or a Briggs number for a cheaper kit. I also require the carb to block gasket as I have little hope of salvaging that gasket when I take it apart. The Deere dealer listed that single gasket right at $7. Prices seem a little high and I was hoping to order the stuff from Amazon if possible.

Oh, the engine is a FC150V - ES01.

Thanks,
Steve

Sponsored Links

TN

07-06-17, 05:29 AM   #2  
Mower

What is your question? . . . . .

VT

07-06-17, 06:22 AM   #3  
Posted By: 2ndgencamaro ". . . I was wondering if anyone had a Kawasaki part number or a Briggs number for a cheaper kit . . ."
So which carburetor do you have . . . . Briggs or Kawasaki ?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-06-17, 10:57 AM   #4  
If it's a kawasaki, no briggs parts are going to help. Looks like you can buy the entire carburetor for $13 on ebay with free shipping. A cheap chinese replacement I'm sure, but if price is your primary motivator...
Comes with gasket.

CARBURETOR CARB GASKET FOR KAWASAKI FC150V 4-CYCLE ENGINES 15003-2364 OEM O4H0 | eBay

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Last edited by cheese; 07-07-17 at 10:38 AM.

PA

07-07-17, 10:01 AM   #5  
Yes, it is a Kawasaki engine. I do not think that Deere installed Briggs engines on any of the 14SE mowers. I only mentioned Briggs as they make rebuild kits for many engines. I was hoping that they had one for the carb on this Kawasaki engine and that would be cheaper than a Deere kit.

Cheese,

Have you used any of these cheap knock off carbs?

Thanks,
Steve

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-07-17, 10:41 AM   #6  
I've used one or two, they worked fine.

Briggs only makes parts for briggs engines.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread