Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Can't Pull Cord on Husqvarna 128LD Trimmer

AL

08-14-17, 11:34 AM   #1  
Can't Pull Cord on Husqvarna 128LD Trimmer

Recently my Husqvarna stalled on me, then when I went to crank it the cord could not be pulled, no matter how hard I tried. I removed the crank case from the unit and it pulled freely, so the issue is further inside the trimmer. I suspect my wife ran it on unmixed gas while I was out of town, after she said which fuel can she used. I say that in case that may explain the issue. It seems to have seized up.

Sponsored Links

IA

08-14-17, 03:00 PM   #2  
Take off the muffler and check the inside of the cylinder and piston for scoring. If either are marked up, it's probably done. Straight gas is a killer on a two stroke.

MO

08-14-17, 03:55 PM   #3  
Remove the spark plug and spray some/bunch of liquid wrench in the cylinder and let it set overnight then get a piece of dowel that will fit through the spark plug hole and tap it pretty hard several times, check in the cylinder if the liquid wrench is gone if so add some more and wait another day and then tap it some more it should come loose in a couple days. If you get it loose check the compression it should be 90+lbs if not it is scrap. Have a good one. Geo

LA

08-14-17, 07:33 PM   #4  
If she straight gassed that thing,then it's a easy fix.

If it runs like the above posts with the oil in the cylinder trick. Then use until you get a top end kit for it.

Very easy to do it yourself and the kit is about 45 to 50 bux.

Search this Thread