Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2007 Craftsman DLS 3500 mower brake adjustment

AL

08-19-17, 09:56 AM   #1  
2007 Craftsman DLS 3500 mower brake adjustment

I have just replaced the pads on the above mentioned mower and still do not have brakes. I have adjusted the middle nut on the caliper, which used to give some brakes, but now it doesn't help. Is there another adjustment I can make to be able to cut grass safely? Please help!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-19-17, 11:34 AM   #2  
Are the plungers in the brake moving back and forth freely? If it was working before, then that nut is the only adjustment you should have to use. I wonder if your new pads are thinner than the old?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

AL

08-19-17, 04:19 PM   #3  
The pads are about the same thickness, only the surface was rougher on the new ones. I didn't check the plungers. I have seen other videos that showed an adjustable spring, but this mower doesn't have that as far as I know. I'll check to see if the plungers are working. If they are working what would be the next step?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-20-17, 12:45 PM   #4  
If the pads are the same thickness as the ones that were worn out and not working, then it sounds like they are the wrong ones. Did you use your model number to find the pads?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

AL

08-27-17, 07:23 AM   #5  
I had just picked some at the local parts house, what they had in stock. They were not the right ones for my mower. I didn't realize they could order exactly what I needed, but they advised they should be able to get what I needed. So, I had them ordered. I had looked around online and couldn't find the pads. But anyway hopefully these will work.

Search this Thread