2 cycle help

Old 09-03-17, 08:08 PM
2 cycle help

New member, glad to be here.. I have 22 plus years in the residential housing repair, rehab and new construction hoping I can be of assistance to one of y'all someday.
Right now though I'm looking for help. I have a JD C1200 string weed eater and need some info.
I horse trade a lot and got the unit in a swap. I have no previous knowledge of the unit but I am proficient in small engine diagnosis and repair with both smoker's and non smoker's. JD seems to think the tech info on this particular model are government secrets because I've been unable to find any detailed info.
After running through the process of finding the issue's and cause of with the unit I will shortly be re-installing the carb after a rebuild and need to know the initial settings on the air and mix screws. From my experience one full turn out from seat is a pretty good place to start but with this unit that won't work.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-17, 08:46 PM
I generally start at about 1 1/2 turns out of the high, and low on most 2 strokes and may increase the idle speed also but usually have to lower it back down while I'm adjusting the low as it will be idling to fast, if it wont run for you at 1 turn would just increase the high and low 1/2 turn each until it does and then let the engine warm up and do final adjustment.