MTD deck

Old 05-04-01, 09:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi,
Can anyone help me? I am looking for an easy to remove the spring from my deck in order to remove the deck. Every time I remove it i strugle with this problem. What is a spring puller and how can I get one? The biggest problem is replacing the spring once the deck has been replaced. Any suggestion?
Thanks
Rob

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-01, 04:58 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: Rob

I am struggling to determine what type of mower you have. Is this a riding mower? Push or self propelled model?

Another question I have is why are you having to remove the deck? And where is this spring and what does the spring due?

At this time, best suggestions I could make is to contact the manufacturer, visit a few lawn mower repair shops who retail parts and try calling a parts retail to the public supplier such as Billiou's.

Billious's number is: 1-800-245-5468
L.S.Thrope's number is: 1-800-457-8467

As a reminder to all: Neither I personally nor has my business been repairing lawn and garden small engine power equipment for many years now and thus have lost contact with much of that part of the industry.

[Edited by Tom_Bartco on 05-06-01 at 08:19]

Old 05-05-01, 08:43 PM
Visiting Guest
MTD Deck

Tom,
Thanks for your reply.I have a riding mower that needed the belt replaced on the mower deck. The spring had to be removed to take off the belt. I have already fixed the mower. I used a screw driver to replace the spring. Thans again.
Rob