Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Briggs counterbalance shaft

09-20-17, 09:09 AM   #1  
Briggs counterbalance shaft

Hi , i had to open my briggs engine 25M137-0110-F1 , its on a 2013 arien snowblower . I had removed the cover . This engine have a counterbalance shaft and i wonder how to time this . There is two gear on the crankshaft , one for the cam shaft that i can time with mark and an another gear for the counterbalance shaft . The thing is to align the mark of counterbalance shaft and crankshaft , i have to rotate the crank after the timing of the cam shaft . Is that ok ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

09-20-17, 10:16 AM   #2  
I see no other way. As long as all the marks are aligned, there shouldn't be a problem. What was the reason that you had to touch it in the first place?

09-20-17, 10:45 AM   #3  
There was oil leaking from the crank seal . I red somewhere that i had to remove the cover to replace the seal . This is the reason why i removed the cover . There was oil all over the engine support plate on the snowblower . But then found out that most of if was coming from the tube for dropping oil that was loose :-) . I must tell that i was glad to have a look inside this little engine so maybe because of that , i overlook the leaking tube .

Thanks for the answer . I could not find usefull help from briggs a bout this . They keep pointing me at the 276781 manual but this manual do not seem to cover this engine , or this counterbalance shaft timing .

Search this Thread